Introduction of Trademark:
Trademark, that can be a word, phrase, symbol and/or design that identify and distinguish the source of goods of one party from the others.
Service mark, that can be a word, phrase, symbol and/ or design that identify and distinguish the source of a service rather than the goods and also one party from the others.
Trade Marks Registry (TMR) is a premier body of Int
http://www.ipo.gov.pk/ipo.php?do=NTE=ellectual Property Organization of Pakistan (IPO-Pakistan) that is working for the registration of trade mark and service mark as well under the Trademarks Ordinance, 2001.
Registration of trade mark:
Filing a Search Application:
There are two methods of search as follows:
Search Application through Form TM-55:
- One Search Application Form TM-55 would be applicable for one trademark search in any one class only. http://www.ipo.gov.pk/ipo.php?do=Nzc=
- Search Form TM-55 should be accompanied with two representations of the mark (each representation should be mounted on a sheet of strong paper)
- Search fee amounting to 1000/- PKR should be submitted in the form of Pay order/ Bank draft made in the name of Director General IPO.
Form TM-55 is very easy to fill, just need to follow the instructions which mentioned in the Form.
- Mention the class. http://www.ipo.gov.pk/ipo.php?do=MjUw, http://www.ipo.gov.pk/uploads/CMS/(333)NiceClassification.pdf
- Specify the goods “mention the name which needs to be registered”.
- Signature of the applicant.
- Address “mention the address of the business place whose trademark needs to be registered”.